Monash University in conjunction with WorkSafe has developed a face-to-face training and assessment session designed to increase field staff knowledge on the correct selection, use, removal and disposal of PPE that is essential to protect field staff from viral infection.
All field staff are required to complete this training and be assessed as competent before performing inspections in CHO defined High-Risk industries.
The training will include...
- Application of Infection Control Basic Principles
- Hand Hygiene
- The differences between standard precautions and transmission-based precautions
- Selecting the correct PPE for transmission based infection risk
- Correct donning and doffing practices
- Disposal of potentially contaminated PPE
- Cleaning and storage of reusable PPE
- Open Forum Q & A
- Competency assessment on completion
- Follow-up theory assessment
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we have to limit the number of participants per session. If members from one team attend a session we can have numbers up to 8. If participants are across different teams or offices the number of participants is capped at 5. Because of this when you are booked into a session it is essential that you attend that session and do not withdraw or fail to attend.
Recommended pre-requisite learning
An understand of the underpinning knowledge of the history of COVID-19, infection transmission and control principles is recommended before attending this training. If you haven't done so please complete these LearningHub assets prior to attending this training.
- Infection Control Basics eLearn
- Webinar 1 - COVID-19 Infection Control Webinar Series with Prof. Ramon Z. Shaban
Please advise if there are any accessibility requirements we can put in place for you to facilitate your attendance at this training session please let us know via the email@example.com inbox.
Please note that as this is mandatory training, cancellations are not permitted, so please ensure you enrol into the session that you are able to commit to.
Furthermore, please be aware that this is an externally hosted and facilitated course, therefore there is a cost to WorkSafe associated with this training. If you absolutely cannot make it to your enrolled session, please contact the Learning & Capability team at least 48 hours before your session so we can make adjustments and keep our costs to a minimum.